Blog Archive

Friday, November 14, 2014

Halloween Crafts and Activities

Well, I finally got around to posting all the fun Halloween activities we did in October!  I know it's too late to try these things now but save them for next year!!!

5 Little Pumpkins Felt Board Play
We read "5 Little Pumpkins" and sang the song so much during October that I thought we should "play" it on the felt board as well.  My mom had given me already pre-made and laminated pumpkins with velcro on the back.  I just hot glued some Popsicle sticks together to make the fence.  The girls would "say" the words and put the pumpkins on the fence and then take them all down and make them "roll away" at the end just like the book!


Jack-O- Latern Snack
I used Cheese-it crackers, mini Oreo cookies, celery, and a banana to make this snack.  The girls loved it!


Spooky Spiders and Pumpkin Garland

I cut orange pumpkins out of construction paper and the girls glued shiny sequins on each pumpkin.  Then I strung them together with green string.  To make the spooky spiders. I cut a spider shape out of a paper plate.  The girls painted them using black paint.  Then they used wine corks (our new favorite way to paint) to stamp red paint on the spider's backs. The painting was a bit messy, as usual, but luckily when we did this is was still nice outside and we have a screened-in porch that I turned into our "art studio" so if paint hits the floor I just spray it with the hose! When we were done painting, we added lots of googly eyes!

Miss M working on her spider.

Miss O working hard making her spider!

Halloween Obleck!

Obleck is so easy to make and fun to play with!!! You just need to mix corn starch with water.  We added googly eyes, spider rings and spoons to get them out of the obleck!


Paper Plate Black Cat
I cut a semi-circle out of a paper plate and then used that piece to make the tail.  Then I used a piece of black paper for the cat's head and ears.  The girls painted it black (outside in our "art studio" again) and then I helped them glue on eyes, a pink pom pom for a nose and black pipe cleaners for whiskers!


Build Your Own Jack-O-Latern!
I cut out a pumpkin shape using orange felt and brown craft foam for the stem.  I drew lines on it using a fabric marker.  Then I cut different shapes for the eyes, nose and mouth out of black felt.  The girls loved making different jack-o-latern faces on the felt board...happy, sad, spooky!

No comments :

Post a Comment