Blog Archive

Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!


Here are a few fun crafts we did for the Fourth!

Star Garland
I cut star shapes out of white, blue and red construction paper and the girls decorated them with stickers, paint and glitter.  Then I punched a hole in each star and added them to string. Tip:  If you are going to paint the stars, make sure you use heavy paper.  Some of our stars curled after we painted them because the paper we used was too thin.



Star Necklaces
I cut three different shaped stars using red, white and blue paper.  I helped the girls glue them together and add glitter.  When they were dry, I punched a hole and added string for a necklace!  Note:  We made these when we were camping with our 3 year old cousin and she loved making one too!  I have also made them with 4 and 5 year olds during summer school and it was a hit!  Good for all ages!



Star Sun catchers
I cut a star shape out of blue card stock and added it to clear contact paper.  The girls used red, white and blue tissue paper squares to create these beautiful stars for the window!

No comments :

Post a Comment