Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ice Cream Stand! Dramatic Play Time!

Ok, so we might have a little "ice cream" problem here at our house....we like (maybe, LOVE) ice cream!  (Mom, Dad and Dixie too!) This summer we might have had too much ice cream because the girls started to play "ice cream shop" all the time...everywhere we went we played it...anything that even looked like a window or counter turned into "How many coins for one scoop?" so after our HUGE box of Amazon supplies came one day, I decided to use the box to create an ice cream stand for them!



I got out my pretend plastic coins from Kindergarten teaching, ice cream scoops, plastic bowls and pretend ice cream and cones from our kitchen set and we played ice cream shop for an hour.  Then I decided that we needed "real" ice cream to scoop.  So I found an awesome, super simple and edible recipe for ice cream play dough!  Here's the link http://www.smartschoolhouse.com/diy-crafts/ice-cream-play-dough-recipe/2 




I would have taken more pictures of them playing but I was trying to get Miss L and Dixie to stop eating the ice cream!  Notice the dog in the background eating it all!

No comments :

Post a Comment