Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sidewalk Paint!


I finally ordered clear squeeze bottles on Amazon.  I've been seeing a lot of recipes for Sidewalk Paint on Pinterest and wanted to do it with the girls before summer is over!  They haven't mastered squirt bottles yet so I thought that squeeze bottles might work better.  It was so easy to make and the girls loved it!  (okay... I did too!)  Here is a link to the recipe I used...http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2013/06/summer-fun-with-sidewalk-chalk.html

I mixed up the baking soda and corn starch first in a bowl and put it in the bottle.  Then I added several drops of food coloring (to make the color really intense on the sidewalk) then I filled the rest of the bottle up with water.  I make 4 bottles with colored paint and I left two for just vinegar.  The girls didn't quite understand how to make the color "fizz" (squeeze the colored paint on the sidewalk then squeeze vinegar over it) but after awhile of me demonstrating, Miss L started to catch on!
Miss L making the paint "fizz"!


They loved it so much we had to go inside to make a 2nd batch of it!!!

We loved filling the holes in the driveway with colored paint!








No comments :

Post a Comment