Blog Archive

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Painting with Eggs!



The girls love playing with the plastic eggs that we have in our sensory table right now.  So I decided why not paint with them???  I mixed up a new paint recipe, that Miss L wouldn't spend the entire time eating like she does the condensed milk paint.  All I did was mix flour, water, vegetable oil and food coloring together to make the paint.  I didn't even measure, which most of you might know, is crazy for me (I always have to follow a recipe exactly)! I just added more flour if it looked too watery or added more water or oil if it was too thick until it was just right.  Then the girls dipped the plastic eggs in the different colors of paint, something that they loved doing and something they are good at considering that they LOVE "dipping" any of their foods in any kind of dip... carrots in ranch dip or the newest one today... blueberries in salsa...gross!  Then we put the plastic eggs that we dipped in the paint and the eggs that I cut out of white construction paper into a shirt box.  Then I showed the girls how to tilt the box back and forth to roll the eggs around, another fun activity!  (Sorry that I don't have a picture of the final product.)
Miss L "rolling" the eggs in the shirt box!
Materials needed:
  • Paint / cups to dip the eggs in the paint
  • Plastic eggs
  • White construction paper
  • Shirt box
  • Scissors


No comments :

Post a Comment