Blog Archive

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Breakfast Ideas for Picky Eaters



The girls have always been great eaters.  So when they don't clear their tray at meal times, I begin to worry.  Lately they haven't been eating a lot at breakfast time.  I've tried offering lots of different, new foods, waiting until later in the morning, letting them eat at the craft table but nothing seems to work.  Maybe they just aren't breakfast eaters, like me.  Well, I'm not one to give up so I started to get creative with how the breakfast foods are displayed to them in hopes that they might eat it then! Here are some of the most recent breakfast adventures we've had:

Ice cream for breakfast!

When we told Dad that we had ice cream for breakfast, he was a bit concerned that I lost it!  But then we told him what it really was!  The "cone" is a waffle, cut up bananas for the ice cream and a red jelly bean for the "cherry on top" because that's the only red thing I had in the house!

Peanut Butter Bear

The girls liked taking this bear apart and licking the peanut butter off the toast!  This is so simple to make...just peanut butter spread on toast, cut up bananas and blueberries!

Happy Sun!

This was great for a rainy day, which we've had a lot of! Waffle, cut strawberries and chocolate chips! Mmmmmmm!

Cheerios and Yogurt


Two things they love so I thought it would be a hit...nope... only for Dixie when it all hit the floor.


Fruit Quesadillas!


Ok...so I was super ambitious this morning and tried a recipe I found.  Here is the link to it http://www.superhealthykids.com/blog-posts/fresh-and-fruity-breakfast-quesadillas.php
Pretty easy to make...cut up fruit mixed with cream cheese.  All we had in the house was strawberries and oranges so that's what I used but it was great and I ended up eating it all (the girls refused to try it)! It might have to be a new weekend tradition for the adults in the house!


I have officially given up.  If they didn't like any of these amazing breakfasts I made, then they just aren't hungry!



No comments :

Post a Comment