Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pumpkins and Storybooks Baby Shower Theme

My amazing sister and her wonderful husband are having a baby! (Just one....so they're told!  I'm the only lucky one in this generation of family members to be blessed with twins... I guess!)  My mom and I gave my sister a baby shower this past October with a Pumpkin and Storybook theme! It turned out so cute, I had to share!
Here was my inspiration....http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/storybook-baby-shower/

Here is my beautiful sister next to the main table filled storybooks and an appetizer that goes with each book!

Being a Kindergarten teacher in a previous life, I luckily had many of these books that I could put on display.  I just so happen to have the mouse stuffed animal that goes with "If you give a mouse a cookie".  Our Grandma made chocolate chip cookies to go along with this book.  
I found the cute label stickers for the appetizer signs at the dollar story and just cut a slit in mini pumpkins and gourds as holders.  

My friend Sara, donated a copy of "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" to go with the Honey Balsamic Meatballs.  We also had a large collection of "old" books.  Notice the "The Little Engine Who Could" in the picture...it was our Dad's when he was little!


My sister and I loved reading the story "Blueberries for Sal" when were up north at our cabin so my Grandma made blueberry muffins to go with that story.

Not pictured: Fruit Kabobs to go with "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

We even had book worms that we put in pots filled with crushed Oreo cookies.

Here are the Month-by-Month oneies my sister can use to take pictures of baby in!  We used them to decorate outside!

1 comment :

  1. How lovely this baby shower was! I am totally impressed with the details. I also received a fun fairy themed baby shower from my cousin at one of the garden event venues. I was stunned to see all of the arrangements because it was a surprise to me and I was told that there is a formal get together.

    ReplyDelete