Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Gobble, Gobble!

Who's ready for Turkey Day? We are!  Here are a few fun turkey things we have been working on...

3-D Turkeys!
I cut a paper plate in half and glued a toilet paper tube in the middle of the cut plate.  The girls used orange, yellow, red and brown paint to decorate the turkey.  Then I helped them glue on eyes and a beak.  I helped them put the letters of their name in order and glued them on the back of the plate. Good practice for letter recognition!

Painting our 3-D turkeys!

Sticky Feather Turkey!

I taped clear contact paper (sticky side facing us) to our sliding door.  Then I added a large turkey cut out that I made from construction paper.  I gave the girls a tray full of craft feathers and told them that the turkey was cold and needed feathers!!!  They loved covering him up and telling me what color feathers they were using!

Turkey Sun Catchers

I cut a turkey shape out of a large piece of brown construction paper and attached it to clear contact paper.  Then the girls used orange, red and yellow squares of tissue paper to decorate the turkey's feathers.  Then we flipped it over and glued on eyes and a beak.  

No comments :

Post a Comment