Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Farm Sensory Table



I've had enough with the "flower" theme so we started "farm" today!  I am so excited to share our new sensory table that I put together this afternoon for our farm theme.  Here is what I used:
  • Fisher Price Barn and Silo... I love that it's the classic one!
  • Farm Animals and accessories (fence pieces, hay bale, tractors, trailers, etc.) I put the extra accessories that the girls can use in a basket next to our sensory table
  • Green grass from our Easter baskets
  • Plastic carrots and lettuce to feed the animals
  • A clean plastic top of an empty peanut butter jar filled with water for the animals!
  • Un-popped popcorn
  • Edible "mud" for the pigs to roll in and for my "taste tester", Miss L!... for this I crushed graham crackers and mixed it with hot cocoa mix
It was a hit!  Even the 2nd grader, who I watch after school, liked playing with it!!!  I just have to keep Dixie away from the "mud"!



No comments :

Post a Comment