Blog Archive

Friday, January 31, 2014

Sun Prairie: The Official Groundhog Capital of the World!

I love Groundhog's Day.  Maybe it's the thought of an early spring or maybe it's because we live in Sun Prairie: The Official Groundhog Capital of the World!  Whatever it is, I loved doing all the Groundhog activities in my classroom as a teacher and I loved doing some fun Groundhog things this week with the girls in anticipation for this year's Groundhog's Day on Sunday.  Here are some things we did:

  • Made Groundhog headbands
  • Read a Groundhog book
  • Turned off the lights and used flashlights to make shadows (we even used our stuffed animal Groundhog to make shadows)  Our friend, Jamison, who is in 2nd grade, was over at our house and had a blast doing this with us too!
  • Went to a coffee house and had a groundhog chocolate (see picture below)
  • Sang a Groundhog Song (see below)
  •            (sung to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot")
                I'm a little groundhog,
                Brown and stout.
                Will I see my shadow
                When I pop out?

                If I see my shadow,
                It will be 
                Six more weeks of winter
                That you'll see! 


           



No comments :

Post a Comment