Blog Archive

Monday, February 10, 2014

Bears!

We have done so many Valentine and heart activities that I decided we should switch it up and move on to "Bears".  Here are some fun bear things we did:
1) Sang and acted out this song with our teddy bears: (This song is actually another reason I decided to do a Bear Unit.  The girls were carrying around some Valentine bears that I have in our sensory table right now and so I started to sing this song and they acted it!  So I found some more bear things to do!)
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Turn around!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Touch the ground!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Jump up high!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Touch the sky!

Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Bend down low!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Touch you toes!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Turn out the light!
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Say good night!

 2)Grabbed a blanket and put our bears to bed!
3) Turned off the lights and used flashlights to find our teddy bears that Dad hid!  They loved this! And now we play this game almost every night!  Who knew a flashlight could be so much fun?
4) Made a bear using a brown paper bag. (see picture below).  Because the girls are only 17 months, I had the face with ears and arms already glued on the bag before we started.  I helped them glue on the eyes, button nose and then stuff the bag with tissue paper.  We then glued on the bear's legs and his belly.
5) Made a bear cave to play with.  For this, I already made a small bear out of construction paper for the girls to play with. And I folded the brown paper bag.  They only had to glue the cotton balls and the brown paper onto the bag.
6) Feed the bear!  I found a bear paper plate mask that I made for a circus unit and cut the mouth out.  Then I found all the blue pom poms we had.  The girls loved feeding the bear blueberries.  Great fine motor activity!
7) We read lots of books about bears and played with the bear counters from my classroom!

No comments :

Post a Comment