Blog Archive

Sunday, March 9, 2014

ABC Water Play



Our newest favorite activity is playing in the sink.  We usually pull the chairs up to the sink and fill it up with water because I need to keep the twins entertained as I scrub yogurt, pudding or pizza sauce out of their hair.  As long as we are there, I decided to turn it into a learning experience (there's the teacher in me!).  So far, we have done melted snowmen in the sink and shapes.  Today it was letters!  The girls loved showing me the letters they found in the bubbles and I would tell them what letter (and sometimes the sound that corresponds to the letter) that they found.  Sometimes they would repeat the letter name and sound and sometimes not.  It didn't matter because some learning was happening but most importantly they were having fun!!!  

These are the ingredients I used to make ABC Water Play Fun:

  • Foam letters of various colors including upper case and lower case letters
  • Sponge letters that I usually use for sponge painting
  • Food coloring
  • Bubble bath
  • Various types of spoons and spatulas for scooping out the letters


No comments :

Post a Comment