Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Rainbows!


This was suppose to be a rainbow with a pot of gold for St. Patrick's Day but we never got around to it with the stomach flu, a nasty cold, new jobs and 6 credit coursework happening at our house this last month.  But I still think it was a great craft for Spring!  Here is what I did:
I cut rainbow colored paper into square pieces and then drew a rainbow shape on a white piece of paper.  I put the colored paper pieces in individual cups (I recycle their yogurt cups for this.)

When the girls were ready, I showed them the rainbow on the white paper and I gave them the first cup filled  with red pieces of paper.  Then I used a red crayon and drew one line to show the girls where to to glue the red pieces of paper.  I helped them use a glue stick to put glue where they needed it.  We continued like that for each color of the rainbow.
 
Sometimes they understood where to put the paper and sometimes not.  I know that this craft was a bit advanced for their level but something must have "clicked" because later during the day they both "built" a rainbow using sticky foam pieces, that I made for St. Patrick's Day (a month ago) and they couldn't do it before!  (Note: We did this project over several days because I realized that it was a bit advanced for them!)

The girls "helping" me clean up the pieces of paper!


No comments :

Post a Comment