Blog Archive

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ocean!

Ocean!

Usually during the summer, we try get outside and play.  I try not to plan too much so we can enjoy the weather.  But we did have a week this summer where the girls were both sick.  So, to keep them occupied at home, we learned about oceans!  Miss O also won a goldfish at the county fair the week before and said we should learn about fish so here it is!!

Ocean Play
I filled two baking dishes with water and added a few squirts of blue food coloring.  Then I covered the table with old towels. I set out different ocean bath toys that we had...whales, sharks, sea horses, fish, etc.  I also gave them colored rocks that I found at the dollar store, nets from the game "Elefun" and a basket of real seashells.  We also had some boats and I gave them water squirters so they could "make it rain" in the ocean!  They had a blast for at least 45 minutes!




Ocean Animal Creatures
Next we read books about different ocean animals.  Then we made a jelly fish and sea horse.  I cut out a shape of a jellyfish and seahorse out of colored paper.  The girls added googly eyes, circle stickers and then colored a bit on the sea animals.  For the sea horse, the girls practiced their scissor skills and made little cuts along the sea horses back.  Then they helped add ribbons to the jelly fish.



No comments :

Post a Comment