Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A bit messy but fun...Marble Painting!

Today I was going to take the twins to Wiggle Room, which is a room in our community building where they set out a lot of large muscle toys (a great place to go during the winter and a place I can socialize with other moms and the girls can have fun playing with other kids). We didn't go today because we got about 3 inches of snow with more on the way and I hate to drive in the snow.  I admit... I was pretty bummed that we couldn't go. It seems like we have been stuck in the house due to the cold weather or the stomach flu since Christmas!  Because we didn't go to Wiggle Room, I decided we should make our own fun at home! After breakfast, the girls helped me make homemade paint by using flour, water and food coloring. I like that it's homemade paint because Miss L is still in a "let's put everything in our mouth" phase and my husband likes that the paint is cheap to make!  We put all of the ingredients into a baggie and the girls helped me squish it up.  Even that part was fun for them!
Squishing the paint in bags!
Next, I poured some of the paint into old muffin tins for them and they used foam brushes to paint with on paper!  
 
Little Miss L just wanted to use her fingers! 
Miss L finger painting!
 After we were done with the foam brushes, I got out some marbles from the marble maze (luckily I was a Kindergarten teacher in a past life and have a lot of supplies and toys leftover!) I had to watch Miss L closely with the marbles.  We put the marbles in the paint then dropped the marbles into a box that I had already put paper in.  I showed them how to roll the marbles around in the box for Marble Painting (another thing I use to do as a Kindergarten teacher).  I think they liked dropping the marbles in the paint the best!  It was messy but they had fun!
Miss M putting the marbles in the box for Marble Painting!



No comments :

Post a Comment