Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A few St. Patrick's Day Ideas to get you started!

I only have a little Irish in me but I love St. Patrick's Day!  Here are a few activities we have started already for St. Patrick's Day!
Shamrock Sun Catchers!
 I just loved the Heart Sun Catchers that we made for Valentine's Day and after we took those down, the window just looked so empty.  So I decided that we should make shamrocks.  I cut apart a shirt box and cut a shamrock shape out of the middle.  Then I cut a piece of clear contact paper the same size as the cardboard and stuck in on.  I gave the girls pre-cut squares of green tissue paper and construction paper, which they stuck on the contact paper.  To finish our masterpieces, we shook green edible glitter on top of it all!
St. Patrick's Day Sensory Table
Here are some things that are in our sensory table right now for St. Patrick's Day...plastic coins, a pot of gold, a little leprechaun, flags from Ireland, and green Leprechaun hats.  The girls love carrying the pot of gold around and giving people the coins from inside!  Even Dixie gets gold!

Foam Sticky Play
I cut shamrock shapes and a rainbow out of foam sheets that I bought at Walmart (a huge pack is only $4!).  When the girls dip the foam into a shallow tray of water, they stick anywhere...the shower door, a window, etc.!

No comments :

Post a Comment