Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Melted Snowman Water Play

The girls decided to shampoo their hair with yogurt this morning at breakfast and so I needed to wash their hair.  I remembered seeing this great water table idea a few days ago and decided to re-create it in our kitchen sink for the girls to play with and so I could wash both heads while they were distracted and getting wet anyways.  The loved it and played with it for 40 minutes!  
Here is how I did it:
I filled both sides of the sink (thank goodness we have a double sink for twins!) with warm water and added about 5 drops of blue food coloring.  Then I used shaving cream and made peaks of cream to float in the water.  I had already cut out black circles and orange triangles from black and orange foam to use as eyes and nose for the snowmen.  The girls liked putting the eyes and noses on. 
(Hints:  Keep lots of towels close by!  I also gave the girls things from the kitchen drawer to play with in the water as well like spoons, measuring cups, measuring spoons, ladles, etc. ) 

No comments :

Post a Comment