Blog Archive

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just couldn't resist!  Here are three more fun Valentine activities we did yesterday!  After a fun day playing at Prairie Kids open gym, out to lunch at Ella's Deli with Grandma and Grandpa, eating a special heart-shaped pizza for dinner and opening Valentine's Day presents, we managed to squeeze in three more Valentine activities!  What a day! No wondering the girls are taking a huge nap today!  (After this, I promise I'm done with Valentine's Day stuff...we are moving on to Dental Health and St. Patrick's Day!)


  • Heart Fish and Puppies!  We glued together different size hearts to make fish and puppies!  We added eyes with crayons and markers. Because the girls are only 17 months, I had to show them where to put the hearts but sometimes I let them add them where ever they wanted!  I think they turned out so cute!


Paper Plate Heart Mobiles- Before we started, I cut a circle out of the middle of the paper plate. I then cut a heart out of that circle. Then the girls used "Valentine color" crayons to color the outer circle and then we painted the heart with condensed milk that I dyed with red food coloring.  I assembled the mobile with yarn after the paint dried.  They look so pretty hanging over the dining room table!

  • Cookie Decorating! This is something we always did in my classroom for our Valentine's Day party!  Use your favorite sugar dough recipe, cut out hearts using a cookie cutter, bake, and cool.  I put a scoop of pink frosting on each of the girl's heart cookies and showed them how to spread the frosting using their toddler knives (I had to help a bit).  Then we put sprinkles and colored sugar on our hearts and enjoyed!  Sprinkles and colored sugared covered the floor after we were done but they loved it!

No comments :

Post a Comment