Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Water Play...Twin Style!

If you have been reading my blog, you have seen how crazy bath time can be when I am alone with the twins. It includes blankets and towels covering the kitchen floor, bowls of water, tons of bath toys and lots of water! Although it takes a long time to set up and is messy, I feel that it is a better alternative than having them rifling through the bathroom drawers finding razors, mouthwash and who knows what else.  Or having a girl hit her head on the bathroom tile while trying to get away from her sister who is dumping water on her head, pulling her hair, etc.   Today I thought "Why not make bath time even more nuts!".  Phase One of our experience included getting really dirty..why not?  We were about to get in the bath anyways!  We painted our feet to make butterfly valentines for Grandma and Grandpa (Go here http://twoblueberriesandadog.blogspot.com/2014/02/our-top-eight-great-valentine-activities.html to see how we made the butterfly valentines.) Phase Two included a red sensory water table for Valentine's Day.  First, the girls and I went on a "red hunt" around the house to find things that were red that we could play with in the water (we did this before we painted our feet!).  We put all of the things we found in our water table and I added the water, bubble bath, and red food coloring (I only had a few drops left so it turned out to be pink water...oh well).

Phase Three included using an "under the bed box" and bath paints.  I took the cover of the box and leaned it against the oven and then put the box part in front of the cover so it would stay standing.  Then I mixed 1/2 cup of baby soap and 1/4 cup of corn starch together in a bowl.  I divided that into three different cups (I re-use the cups that cut up fruit comes in).  I added a drop of food coloring in each.  Then I sat the girls in the box part, gave them the paint and pastry brushes from our kitchen.  They used the cover of the box like a canvas and loved it!    
Phase Four included getting into our regular toddler tub to "really" get clean!  What a fun day!

No comments :

Post a Comment