Blog Archive

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Shaving Cream Eggs



We had a fun time making these eggs!  Here is what we did:

Materials Needed:

  • a tray
  • shaving cream
  • food coloring
  • stick or butter knife
  • egg shape cut from white paper 
  • foam brush
Procedure:
To make these I sprayed shaving cream on a tray (My mom bought really cheap trays that work great at the dollar store for her preschool classroom.  Now that she is retired, they are mine!).  Then I added a few drops of food coloring.  I used the end of a paint brush to mix the colors up a bit but you could use anything (butter knife, end of a spoon, etc.) really anything.  Then I had the girls put a cut out paper egg in the shaving cream.  I helped them pull it out and scrape the shaving cream off the egg with a foam brush.  The food coloring leaves an awesome design on the egg.  The girls thought it was magic! We did this same shaving cream technique with hearts for Valentine's Day.  I found out back then that after the hearts dried they did not stick up on the wall/door very nicely with tape so this time I mounted the eggs to a piece of construction paper for display!

On a side note:  I found out today that the girls are still not ready for shaving cream projects.  Towards the end of this activity I found both of them eating the "cream"!


No comments :

Post a Comment