Blog Archive

Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Bird's Nest

These spring birds in a nest were so much fun to make!
Here is the link where I got this idea from: http://buggyandbuddy.com/spring-crafts-kids-nest-bird-craft/.  But I modified the idea for the twins who are only 19 months.  But first, here is what you  need...
    • orange construction paper for the beaks
    • yellow construction paper for the birds
    • brown construction paper for the nests
    • feathers
    • small sticks or pieces of brown string for the nest
    • glue
    • googly eyes

Here is how I modified it for the girls:
I already had the birds, beaks and nests cut out (we haven't attempted scissors with them yet!).  I also glued together two yellow circles for the birds.

Here is what the girls did:
The girls glued the eyes, beaks and feathers on two birds.  Then they glued the pieces of string onto the nest and I helped them glue the birds on the nest when the birds were dry.

No comments :

Post a Comment