Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Paper Plate Rooster


This is a fun, easy farm animal craft to make for any age!

Materials Needed:
Paper plate
Black paper cut into 2 ovals for the eyes
Yellow paper cut into triangles for the beak
Red paper to trace hands and for the wattle
Pencil
Scissors
Glue

Procedure:
 I decided to make this with four kids ranging in ages from 21 months to 8 years old.  I first showed my example of the rooster that I made ahead of time to all the children.  Then I gave the materials needed to the older one and he went ahead and started making it himself.  Then I traced and cut hands from the red paper for the 21 month olds and 3 year old.  I helped them glue on the hand, eyes, beak and wattle.  The young ones needed more direction than the older one. This was a great craft to do with the younger ones...very simple.  But the older one liked it as well.  He didn't need as much direction and he got to put his own "creative spin" on it by adding pupils, etc.  This was a great craft to go along with our farm theme!

No comments :

Post a Comment