Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Water Play: Nature's Soup and Rock Painting


I am so excited that the weather has finally decided to turn warm around here...actually it has been hot!  That means we can use our water table outside!!!  For our first water table adventure, we decided to make Nature's Soup.  The recipe is quite easy...find anything that is outside and mix it with water!  The girls and I picked grass, flowers, weeds, long, green stems, anything really and put in in our water table.  I added water and gave the girls things to stir and mix the soup with! They loved it!



I don't know how it happened but soup making turned into rock painting, which is also quite fun on a hot day.  Another easy activity... just find some rocks, get a brush and water and paint! The girls were amazed how the rocks "change" when they get wet!  I'll have to remember this one for later in the summer!




Oh and we also liked painting Mom's feet!




No comments :

Post a Comment