Blog Archive

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dinosaurs!

I was never a huge fan of the dinosaur unit in summer school but when I asked the girls what they wanted to do next, ocean or dinosaurs, they said dinosaurs...so... here we are...I didn't go too crazy with it all.  Here are three things we did:

Paper plate dinosaur
For this I had the girl's color on a paper plate.  Then I helped them fold it in half.  Then we glued the dinosaur's body (which I had pre-cut) into the middle of the paper plate.  The girls then glued on the eye and legs (which were also pre-cut).



Dinosaur hat
I had many things already prepped for this craft before we even started.  First, I used a large piece of construction paper to create a paper hat. Here is a link for how to make the hats http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Paper-Hat/
I also had the multi-colored spikes, head and tail pieces already cut out.  The girls just needed to glue the head, tail, eye and spikes on the dinosaur.  They loved wearing the hats!  I couldn't get a good picture of them wearing the hats because we were having a dinosaur parade around the house!


Ice Dinosaurs!
The night before, I froze little plastic dinosaurs in colored water.  Then the next day I filled the water table with the ice dinosaurs and warm water.  The girls liked watching the ice slowly melt off each dinosaur!

No comments :

Post a Comment